[c-nsp] Cisco 1803 and max number of VLANs

Bernd Ueberbacher noc at mynet.at
Tue Mar 18 05:43:32 EDT 2008

Hi everyone!

Right now I'm setting up a 1803 and wanted to use a separate VLAN on
every port of the switch that is built-in. Everything worked fine up to
port 7, but on port 8 I got a

c1803(config-if)#switchport access vlan 908
Vlan can not be added. Maximum number of 8 vlan(s) in the database.
c1803(config-if)#

Well, 8 ports, 8 VLANs...... incl VLAN 1 :-)

I then tried to delete VLAN 1 which brought me a
"A default VLAN may not be deleted."

Is there anyway to use an other 8th VLAN than VLAN 1??
Pretty mean to allow only 8 VLANs on an 8 port switch incl the default
VLAN :-p

Thanks,
Bernd ;-)