[c-nsp] Not redistributing certain eBGP routes into mpBGP

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 20:59:10 EDT 2008

Hi,

We have a situation where one of the PEs (6500, call it PE1) have
multiple interfaces towards the same customer. The customer has a few
other sites connected to different PEs. A few of the networks visible
on PE1 in their vrf should only be visible to customer devices
connected to that PE. We run eBGP with them so atm the redistribution
happens automatically.

I tried to use an export map and remove the route-target exports all
together. The route-map specified uses a prefix list to figure out
what RT should be used, like this:

route-map EXPORT-FROM-VRF4112 permit 10
 description All sites routes
 match ip address prefix-list PREFIX-CUST4112-ALL-SITES
 set extcommunity rt  xxy:4112

(the defaut RT for this customer is 4112)

but on our route servers I can still see the other prefixes, but
without the RT at all! Of course they don't get inserted anyway.
Is that supposed to work,  did I got it wrong, or is it a bug?

kind regards
Pshem