[c-nsp] Something I was thinking about whilst idle the other day.

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Mar 21 09:11:49 EDT 2008

Drew Weaver wrote:
> What are some persistent things about Cisco products that no matter
> how high into the product line you travel you cannot get away from? I

  * Slow bootup - in some cases, prohibitively so

  * Relatively slow CPUs e.g. 600MHz on 6500 - maybe not universal, but
certainly widespread in the Cisco product line

  * Extremely long waits for "wr mem" on big configs

  * Lack of templated config a-la JunOS (see above)

  * Very very very silly defaults e.g. proxy ARP on

...just off the top of my head.