[c-nsp] rack power question

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 22:27:59 EDT 2008

For a 6509-V-E with 2xVS-S720-10G-3CXLs and 7xWS-X6708-10G-3CXL.Cisco
Power Calculator shows:

107.76 Amps  	4525.92 Watts  	18183.55 BTU/Hr

 At 21u you could squeeze two in a rack, for 9K (we aren't planning on
doing that though.)

On the server side something like an HP C Class Blade Chassis with 16
blades can hit 3K when the fans rev up.
At 10u you could squeeze 4 in a rack, but cooling is going to be an
issue. With enclosed ducted racks, we currently have plans to put 3 in
a rack for a total of 9K.

So yes we could require >6K.

Tim:>