[c-nsp] Router security defaults (WAS RE: Proxy ARP -- To disable, or not to disable..)

Joseph Jackson jjackson at aninetworks.net
Sun Mar 23 23:29:59 EDT 2008

After reading this message it brought to mind the default steps I take whenever a new router is configured for our network.  Here's the list of the stuff I do which I got from the hardening cisco routers book.  What do you guys think?  Should there be anything else? I also try to run ssh on any router that can support it.

GLOBAL CONFIG

no service finger
no service pad
no service udp-small-servers