[c-nsp] bgp transit, selecting providers based on source IP

Wayne Lee linkconnect at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 25 19:21:34 EDT 2008

Thanks guys

Currently I'm using a route-map to set next-hop to just one of my
upstreams (not good I know, It's a knee jerk reaction until I can get
something better in place)

I've not run any mpls or vrf's yet nor do I know how to use them (I'm
well out of my depth here), if anybody has a config snippet they would
like to share I'd be very grateful.

The connection to the customer comes in via a third party (they are
using mpls, pseudo-wire) vlan and sits on a gig switch (non-cisco)
which is then vlan'ed onto a
7206vxr G1 which has the main upsteam plus the secondary, the third
upstream is on a separate router (different building) connected via
iBGP.

The 7206 is pretty busy as it's running VPDN/L2TP ADSL connections as
well as eBGP,iBGP and OSPF, there is plenty of ram left and the cpu is
about 25% avg.

I could give them access via just one upstream as they do have another provider.

help

Wayne