[c-nsp] UBRL on 6500 running 12.2SXH on 720-CXL

Jeff Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Wed Mar 26 16:49:47 EDT 2008

We just upgraded our sup from 720-3B to 720-CXL on 6500 running
12.2-33SXH1

We were using User Based Rate Limiting UBRL and all was working.

QOS is enabled.

I have a class map to match just the source address of hosts on a
subnet that have a dst to any.

The policy-map matches the class and uses the src-only  flow mask to
rate limit each host to 2M

I apply the service-policy input (policy-map ) to a layer 2 interface
gi3/2

By default QOS policing is port based.

I first look at the access-list to see if it is getting any hits and
it is not.   So at this point no packets are being sent to the policer.

I check the policy-map for the interface and it looks fine.

When I change the policing to VLAN-BASED and move the SERVICE-POLICY
to the VLAN, I can now see hits on access list but doing some speed
tests from one of the hosts, it does not seem to limit traffic.

Q.   Does anybody have any ideas on this before I submit it to TAC?

Its been a long day so maybe I missed something.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University