[c-nsp] MLPPP product from the provider point of view

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Thu Mar 27 02:05:49 EDT 2008

Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 09:07:51AM -0400, Joe Maimon wrote:
>

>>- In theory, one virtual template can be used for all mlppp customers,
>>as they will establish seperate bundles with their endpoint
>>discriminators, correct?
>

> Yes.
>

> How do you protect against a customer claiming "I have the IP address
> of your nameserver?".

So the answer was going to be "radius", control all addresses and routes
for mlppp users just like ppp users.

And it works great.

Except that when the second or third link tries to join the bundle
sometime after the bundle is established, it doesnt join and duplicates
the address on itself.

So the links refuse to join the mulitlink bundle, but only if the bundle
has already been established. If its near simultanous, like a reboot,
the bundle gets formed with all links. If one is dropped afterwards,
trouble.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe