[c-nsp] Trunking in vlans into a pvlan environment

Jimmy Stewpot squid at oranged.to
Thu Mar 27 14:10:31 EDT 2008

Hello,

Currently we have two network segments one which uses vlan acls and the
other which uses pvlan's. Currently all the promiscuous ports are on the
pvlan side of the network and the isolated ports are on the other side
of the network which has no pvlan support. We now need to get systems on
the non pvlan side of the network to communicate with isolated ports on
the pvlan segment. Had anyone been able to achieve this type of network
architecture in the past, and what was required to achieve it while
still retaining the Layer2 across both segments of the network.

Regards,

Jimmy.