[c-nsp] Cisco 10K MPLS VPN

FAHAD ALI KHAN fahad.alikhan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 01:44:55 EDT 2008

Dear Oli

Let me clear my scenario....Since my Core Bw is not symetrical...i need to
do TE and force some Traffic to go against IGP rules. Current Juniper based
RSVP tunnels doing things good...and i can forced VPN traffic to TE tunnel
by creating policy filter (route map) by just matching VPN RT & make the
decision for fwding &  apply this routemap to the Forwarding table.

Now im introducing Cisco products as PE only, to offer MPLS VPN services to
Broadband clients...everything with cisco is going good....but this seems to
be little bit scalability issue in our case....if we have to put static
routes for each VPN route per tunnel (it will be a mess for
me)....than...autoroute announce is also not suitable...as it can distrub my
IGP traffic flows.

Now u have given two options....and seems good....but can u share some
sample configuration with scanrio for the deployment of
1)  use a different BGP next-hop for your VPNv4 route (either via "bgp
next-hop Loopback1" in the "ip vrf" definition in newer releases)
2) using a route-map, and point a static route to this next-hop over the
tunnel.
Kindly suggest the best option & that doesnt giv us hard time in large scale
deployment. Suggestion from other MPLS VPN service providers are also
welcome. What are the BCP to fwd only VPN traffic to TE tunnels with the
scalability is mind.

regards

Fahad