[c-nsp] ME3400 IP SLA Clarification

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Fri Mar 28 10:10:06 EDT 2008

Can anyone clarify whether or not the Catalyst ME3400 supports the following config?

!
ip sla 1
 udp-jitter 10.25.0.2 6088 source-ip 10.25.0.1 codec g711ulaw
 tos 184
 timeout 250
 frequency 21
!

In particular, the 'codec g711ulaw' option.  The ME3400 docs state:

"The switch does not support IP SLAs Voice over IP (VoIP) service levels using the gatekeeper registration delay operations measurements."

However, I do see some minimal information in the stats when I configure this type of udp-jitter IP SLA:

ME3400-24T#sh ip sla statistics

Round Trip Time (RTT) for       Index 1
        Latest RTT: 3 ms
Latest operation start time: 10:08:01.468 EDT Fri Mar 28 2008
Latest operation return code: OK
RTT Values
        Number Of RTT: 782
        RTT Min/Avg/Max: 1/3/6 ms
Latency one-way time milliseconds
        Number of Latency one-way Samples: 0
        Source to Destination Latency one way Min/Avg/Max: 0/0/0 ms
        Destination to Source Latency one way Min/Avg/Max: 0/0/0 ms
Jitter time milliseconds
        Number of SD Jitter Samples: 0
        Number of DS Jitter Samples: 0
        Source to Destination Jitter Min/Avg/Max: 0/0/0 ms
        Destination to Source Jitter Min/Avg/Max: 0/0/0 ms
Packet Loss Values
        Loss Source to Destination: 0           Loss Destination to Source: 0
        Out Of Sequence: 0      Tail Drop: 1000 Packet Late Arrival: 0
Voice Score Values
        Calculated Planning Impairment Factor (ICPIF): 1
        Mean Opinion Score (MOS): 4.34
Number of successes: 99
Number of failures: 0
Operation time to live: Forever