[c-nsp] 12.2 SRC opinions?

Andrew Alston aa at tenet.ac.za
Sun Mar 30 02:58:51 EDT 2008

I've been running it in production from the beginning, was forced to due to
6708 line cards.

We've had a very large variety of issues with it, and on some of our 7600
RSP based systems it wouldn't even come up (infact, on one of them, it made
the system so unstable that it took me an hour of trying to get it roll
back!)

We've also had issues where you remove an interface from a vrf, delete the
vrf, and the interface stays in the vrf, plenty issues with GRE, and other
minor things.

All in all... I don't recommend SRC in production unless you have a damn
good reason for it.

Thanks

Andrew