[c-nsp] Vlan interface vs. sub-interface

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Mon Mar 31 21:29:26 EDT 2008

One of the big advantages of sub-interfaces over VLAN interfaces is that
if 'VLAN 100' on one port is a totally different network to 'VLAN 100'
on another. Using a sub-interface you can configure them as unique L3
interfaces. I've done this a lot with dot1q handoffs, and it works nicely.

Is there a mechanism in place for QinQ mappings to a SVI? Never really
dealt with that before, but now I'm curious.

David