[c-nsp] Getting BGP peer route information using SNMP

Diogo Montagner diogo.montagner at gmail.com
Mon May 5 15:18:46 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I was asking me if is there a way to get routes information from a BGP
peer using SNMP ? In other words, I would like to get the output of
command:

show ip bgp neighbor x.y.z.w advertised-routes

using a snmpwalk.

I checked the BGP MIBv1 and MIBv2 of Cisco but I couldn't find the
information about routes that are being advertised by the BGP peer.
The only information that I can get is the information about the peer
state, local and remote port or remote AS and others. The IOS version
is 12.0.32S8 and the router is a Cisco 12k.

My first choice to do this was a perl script to execute this command
and save the output into a file. But if is possible, I prefer to do
this using SNMP. If there is no way to do this using SNMP, I will use
the perl script.

Thanks in advance,
./diogo -montagner