[c-nsp] MPLS - 6500's

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Mon May 5 16:52:49 EDT 2008

Thanks...

So if someone wanted to build a low traffic volume, "bare bones" MPLS
network could they not use:

Cisco 7206VXR-NPE-G1 for P router
Cisco 3825 or 2821 for PE router

This would give you every MPLS feature but VPLS specifically or am I way
off?  Why I bring this up is that in this particular case there is still the
Sup2/MSFC2 6500's in the middle but they could remain in the middle just as
layer2 devices connecting the above devices together at layer3 as MPLS
devices right?

This particular project *could* use some of the TE and QOS features in MPLS
but total traffic might be 10Mb/s on a peak hence why upgrading the 6500's
would not make sense but adding some gear "around" them might work just
fine...??

Thanks,

Paul