[c-nsp] RBE and PPPOE on the same router

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Tue May 6 16:47:54 EDT 2008

Use the mac address, whats the big deal? they use it for security
filtering. You can also specify in bba-group

Here is a configlet distilled from a working system.

aaa group server radius radiusgroup
  server xx.yy.132.7 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813
  server xx.yy.32.37 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813
  deadtime 1
!
vc-class atm vzdsl
   no ilmi manage
   oam-pvc manage
   encapsulation aal5autoppp Virtual-Template1
!
ip local pool DSL-POOL xxx.yyy.146.192 xxx.yyy.146.223
!
aaa authentication ppp default local group radiusgroup
aaa authentication ppp radiusgroup group radiusgroup
aaa authorization network default local group radiusgroup
aaa authorization network radiusgroup group radiusgroup
aaa accounting delay-start
aaa accounting update periodic 5
aaa accounting network default start-stop group radiusgroup
aaa accounting system default start-stop group radiusgroup
!
interface Loopback0
  ip address xx.yy.15.248 255.255.255.255
!
bba-group pppoe global
  virtual-template 1
  sessions max limit 500
  sessions per-mac limit 4
  sessions per-vc throttle 30 10 10
  sessions per-mac throttle 10 30 30
  sessions auto cleanup
!
interface Virtual-Template1
  ip unnumbered Loopback0
  ip verify unicast source reachable-via rx
  ip route-cache policy
  ip route-cache flow
  ip tcp adjust-mss 1452
  peer default ip address pool DSL-POOL
  ppp authentication pap radiusgroup
  ppp authorization radiusgroup
  ppp ipcp address required
interface ATM2/1/0.20032 point-to-point
  ip address xx.xx.xx.49 255.255.255.248
  class-int vzdsl
  atm route-bridged ip
  pvc 2/32
interface ATM2/1/0.500 multipoint
  description ADSL NY LATA 132 SPID xxxx
  class-int vzdsl
  range PPPOE-01 pvc 1/500 1/599
  create on-demand

radius-server attribute 218 mandatory
radius-server attribute nas-port format d
radius-server host xx.yyy.32.37 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key THEKEY
radius-server host xx.yyy.132.7 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key THEKEY
radius-server vsa send authentication