[c-nsp] Any 3xxx Switches support MPLS?

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rubensk at gmail.com
Tue May 6 21:51:55 EDT 2008

Only 3750 Metro supports MPLS, badly. Filling the annual customer
satisfaction survey section about the 3750 Metro always inspires me a
death-wish that I would rather not have.

May be the the Juniper EX boxes will have MPLS in a year or two, but
for the mean time, you can consider
1) Using Multi-VRF instead of MPLS to provide IPVPN services, and then
use something like the 3400ME with METROIPACCESS image
2) Buy ME6524, which is a very good box
3) Combine Juniper EX with Juniper J routers so you can have density,
L2 backplane, L3 routing on the EX box, but enough MPLS routing
capacity on the J box to provide services to a growing POP

Option 2 is what we do today, considering wether to use option 1 or 3
to grow the network.

Rubens