[c-nsp] 3750 etherchannel only using 1 port

Higham, Josh jhigham at epri.com
Wed May 7 16:18:23 EDT 2008

> [mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Paul
>
> I did the test etherchannel of course and it's working properly, but
> since I am using the cef load balancing (two 0.0.0.0 routes with the
> same cost)  and it's going out two port channels the
> algorithm for that
> must be exactly the same as the one for the etherchannel,
> which explains
> why on etherchannel #1 the packets are going out port #1, and on
> etherchannel #2 the packets are going out port #2..   This is a very
> interesting phenomenon :)

Painful.  Can you do per-packet routing rather than per-flow in your
environment?

Alternatively drop etherchannel altogether and just make them all L3
links, with 4 way equal cost routes.

If you are stuck on etherchannel you might be able to change the
algorithm so that it's less effective but different (src IP rather than
src dst XOR or whatever).

Hope that's of some use.

Thanks,
Josh