[c-nsp] 3750 etherchannel only using 1 port

Paul paul at gtcomm.net
Thu May 8 19:42:07 EDT 2008

Well it seems all the hashing algos for cef and for etherchannel are
exactly same.
I tried cef universal with various hashes, I tried cef original, I tried
etherchannel src ip, dst ip, and src-dst-ip :/
Everything has the same result.. Packets only output on one of the gig
links on the port channel.
Grumble.. What's so hard about slightly changing up the algos or letting
us pick some sort of hash key that will change it up a bit, or even have
a etherchannel setting for cef where instead of the normal algorithm it
makes it into bigger blocks where normally it would alternate between
one or the other it sends say x number of flows that way, and x number
of flows the other way instead of a 1-1 ratio, then the etherchannel
would have a chance.

Paul