[c-nsp] 3750 12.2(44)SE1 CPU 5% weirdness

Brad Henshaw brad.henshaw at qcn.com.au
Sun May 11 19:23:42 EDT 2008

Paul wrote:

> Anyone out there have 3750 running 12.2(44)SE1 ?
> Strange issue with the CPU sitting at 5% no matter what is going on,
> zero traffic or lots of traffic.
> Simple config, very few routes, 2 etherchannels, nothing major.

Doesn't seem weird to me.
That's pretty much what we see on our 3750's and 3750ME's, running
BGP, OSPF and a few other things. Usage went from 4% to 5% when we
upgraded
to 12.2(44)SE.

> Just curious.. It's not affecting anything except the ping time when
you
> ping the switch directly.

I haven't noticed this affecting switch response time except that the IP
SLA probe results now seem to report latency 1ms higher than they used
to.
Latency through the switches is unaffected.

Regards,
Brad