[c-nsp] Policing with DFCs

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Mon May 12 05:11:37 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 1:48 pm, Wyatt Mattias Ishmael Jovial Gyllenvarg wrote:

> We are trying too police in a 7600 on the output on a Te interface.
>
> After some fiddling I must ask, is there a workaround for the cir *
> DFCs problem.
>
> There is no need for high precision, just a rough working sollution.

Sorry for the late reply, doesn't look like anyone has answered this in
the meantime...

Doesn't a hierarchical policy get around this, something similar to:

policy-map outside
 class class-default
  shape average blah
  service-policy inside

policy-map inside
 class class-default
  police blah

My understanding is that HTS forces the policy to actually be applied on
the egress line-card rather than at every ingress point.

Regards,
Tim.