[c-nsp] Interruptions when enabling "mls qos"

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue May 13 04:28:55 EDT 2008

Hi,

How much of an interruption can we expect when enabling the "mls qos"
command on 3750s and 6500/Sup720s? As far as I can see on our
test-equipment, it either causes no interruption at all or a very short
one (<500ms). I can't seem to find any documentation about it.

We're preparing a service window and need to enable this on a few edge
and distribution units, but we're unable to say exactly how much
disturbance the network can expect, e.g. if this would down
eBGP-sessions. Does anybody have any experience in this area?

Thanks,
Peter