[c-nsp] Prove it's not the network!

Chris Riling criling at gmail.com
Wed May 14 16:32:23 EDT 2008

Last time I had to solve a similar problem, it ended up being related to one
application not honoring the TCP window size in the OS. Turns out the
application would only use X K regardless of what you set the window to in
the OS. It took many webex school bus sessions demonstrating the differences
in iperf before they understood.. Essentially if was proving that the
network itself was capable of pushing the data, and that the problem must
lie at an upper layer... Still had to go way above and beyond normal duties;
I'm not even remotely a systems admin... :)

Chris