[c-nsp] analyze BGP traffic with SNMP

Alexandre Snoeck alex at alsn.be
Thu May 15 04:41:52 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Is it possible to analyze where traffic is going with SNMP on a BGP router? If
so how? I checked most mib files with BGP info in it but couldn't find
anything.

I have to check where the most traffic is going on the backbone bgp router. I
have checked for Sflow and Netflow to do this but i would prefer a system
where it is possible to check every once in a while, not a system that has to
run most of the time to have decent information.

I have heard there was a previous post on this some time ago but couldn't find
it back to check the answers, could you maybe point me to that post if there
is a answer.

Regards

Alex