[c-nsp] Weird Issue with 3750-PoE Switches...

Jeff Cartier jcartier at acs.on.ca
Thu May 15 14:13:38 EDT 2008

We recently swapped out some non-PoE Cisco switches with Cisco 3750
48port PoE switches and have noticed the following issue.

When users reboot their PC they have troubles establishing their folder
connections in Windows...the following error is seen in the event log.

Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your network.
Group policy processing aborted.  Event ID 1054

It seems that when users log onto the computers after a warm/cold start
the network connection doesn't establish right away.  We've found that
disabling PoE on the access-port solves the issue.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?