[c-nsp] Cat 3560

mack mack at exchange.alphared.com
Thu May 15 17:58:25 EDT 2008

>------------------------------
>
>Message: 6
>Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 16:21:36 -0500
>From: Justin Shore <justin at justinshore.com>
>Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Cat 3560
>To: Jason Berenson <jason at pins.net>
>Cc: "cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net" <cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>
>
>I'd check the IOS version against the model of SFP to make
>sure that it's supported (though I imagine it will be).
>I'd agree with the other guys in >saying that it's likely
>counterfeit.  Do you get it from a reputable vendor?
>
>Justin

Counterfeit assumes a Cisco label.
Third-party SFP modules are not counterfeit just unsupported.

It is entirely possible that the SFP isn't
even programmed for Cisco equipment.
For example a Dlink SFP will not work in Cisco equipment.

The bad CRC would tend to indicate the programming is
not correct for Cisco equipment.
This does not rule out counterfeit or bad hardware.

--
LR Mack McBride
Network Administrator