[c-nsp] access-list speed limiting.

Mike Louis MLouis at nwnit.com
Mon May 19 09:04:47 EDT 2008

I had this problem with policing using the standard MQC in 3550s. I had to adjust the burst size until I got the speed that I wanted. Burst size greatly affects overall throughput you can achieve. You need to figure out your throughput, say 3000000 and divide that by your policing interval, can't recall what it is for CAR but lets say its 1/100, and you get 30000 bits per interval. You may have to convert that to bytes so divide by 8 and you get your burst size for that data rate.

HTH

mike

CCO has some write ups on policing and intervals. Do a search for "leaky bucket".