[c-nsp] cisco ios dhcp server

Fields, Jesse Jesse.Fields at wesd.org
Mon May 19 14:52:05 EDT 2008

Yes, the router should act as a fully functional DHCP server.  You just need to setup the pools for the remote networks and ip helper the requests to it.

>From the Cisco docs -- "The Cisco IOS DHCP server can accept broadcasts from locally attached LAN segments or from DHCP requests that have been forwarded by other DHCP relay agents within the network."

There are some advanced options available if you want to get fancy. =)

This explains it better than I:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipaddr/configuration/guide/iad_dhcp_svr_cfg.html#wp1122709

I hope this is what you were looking for.