[c-nsp] IPv6 and ISIS on GSR

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Mon May 19 17:16:54 EDT 2008

List,

We're beginning our IPv6 deployment, and running into some surprises
already.  I've taken a GSR out of the forwarding path and successfully
applied some IPv6 addresses to its interfaces.  However, as soon as I
put "ipv6 router isis" on any interface, my v4 isis adjacencies drop
within the dead interval and the router "falls off the network".
Removing the command(s) brings the router back into happy adjacencies.

My first hunch was that it was a condition of the single topology, so I
then tried applying the 'ipv6 router isis' to all interfaces that had
'ip router isis' on them...still no success.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?  12.0(32)S8 on a 12008.

Thanks,

Pete