[c-nsp] Usage Billing w/ Netflow / Implementation Pitfalls

Adam Powers apowers at lancope.com
Tue May 20 14:46:47 EDT 2008

You are correct. The exporter will unnaturally expire the cache entry and
start a new one when the octet counter overflows.

YMMV from one Netflow cache implementation to another.

BTW: For systems that use ³sort | uniq² approach for Netflow deduplication
this effect would mess things up. Setting lower active timers (I recommend
60 seconds) would help.