[c-nsp] Usage Billing w/ Netflow / Implementation Pitfalls

Chris Riling criling at gmail.com
Tue May 20 17:03:56 EDT 2008

I track based on interface where I can (which is most everywhere), but there
is one portion of the network where this is not really possible due to
design issues of something I inherited... I'm in the process of changing
that, but realistically I'll never entirely get away from having to do
*some* form of IP based accounting, only limit the scope of interfaces where
I'll see the traffic when the network is more segmented. Then I can pull
netflow info from specific interfaces which would have a very small number
of subnets hanging off of them, but I'd still have to sort it by some sort
of L2 or L3 info...

Chris