[c-nsp] QoS ATM sub interface

Nathan have.an.email at gmail.com
Fri May 23 16:43:04 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Robert Blayzor <rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net> wrote:
> On May 22, 2008, at 6:06 PM, Jason Berenson wrote:
>> 7206 NPE-G1
>> PA-A3-OC3MM
>> c7200-is-mz.124-19.bin

I usually use IOS-es with a j instead of i, but I hope any 12.4 has QoS...

> Been down this path several times, so hopefully this helps.
>
> Have you tried using a hierarchal QoS policy?  Also you may want to
> set your tx-ring-limit to the minimum, ie: 3 or you might have some
> jitter issues.
>
> That being said, you need to use a nested QoS policy, something like:

This should not be necessary, since the ATM definition provides the
bandwidth. Maybe for the fair-queue, but... Jason, test without that
:-)

Here's what works for me (very slightly edited):

 class-map match-any routing
  match  dscp cs6  cs7
 class-map match-any voice
  match  dscp cs5  ef
  match ip dscp 4
 class-map match-any af43
  match ip dscp af43

 policy-map outgoingaf
  class voice
   priority percent 50
  class af43
   bandwidth percent 20
  class routing
   bandwidth percent 1
  class class-default

vc-class atm DSL-1
  vbr-nrt 1280 1280 94
  encapsulation aal5snap

interface ATM3/0.xxx point-to-point
 ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
 ip verify unicast reverse-path
 pvc 1/xxx
  class-vc DSL-1
  service-policy output outgoingaf

But I've often used access-lists and ISTR fair-queue without any
problems (or when there was a problem I always had something in the
logs).

--
HTH
Nathan