[c-nsp] 7200 VXR TDM Bus Crossconnects?

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Sat May 24 00:19:53 EDT 2008

Hello,

I remember that one of the big features of the 7200VXR series was the
new TDM bus which would enable TDM switching between cards. I have
never needed to use it, but now it would come in handy. I have found
lots of marketing info on Cisco's website, but no cookbook configs.
Here is the situation, I have a bunch of channelized DS3s (used for
IP) terminating on a VXR (PA-MC-T3 cards) and I would like to get a
voice PRI delivered from the same carrier and "cross connect" it to a
T1 port (PA-MC-8T1?) on the router which could go to my equipment
which can accept a PRI - an AS5300 in this case. Any config samples
and/or gotchas would be appreciated. Do I need new enhanced cards for
this? or can my old cards kicking around in the spares closet handle the job?

-Robert

Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin