[c-nsp] IP Address Management Software

Progressus progressus at gmail.com
Sat May 24 06:10:59 EDT 2008

 Hi all,

 I am currently running a project at Internet Solutions, to develop  our own
IP Database and Management system. This is designed  around many of
our  existing client databases and systems that we have.
 We are still in the beginning phase of implementation, but  hope to have
the system  up and running with all our addresses in place by the end
of  this year.

I had looked around, but I was not able to find anything that suited our
needs.

* Tracks/assigns all WAN IPs for customers routers

* Tracks/assigns all subnets assigned to customers

* Monitors customer database for cancellations to automatically reclaim IP
space from customers that have moved on

* Manage all netblocks assigned from RIPE

* Provides utilization reports specifically in reference to how close am I
to the magical 80% to request more IPs.

* Provides utilization information for each of our 12 markets around the
country so that I know when we are running low on IPs for a region.  If we
are low, a couple of clicks and the IP pools are automatically refreshed.

* Daily scrubs of all /24's to be used for customer subnet assignments (not
WAN IPs) to look for /24's that are completely used and then take them out
of the search path when assigning IPs for customers (this is to speed up the
assignments... no need to look for holes in blocks that you know are full).
* Tracks ASN's of our customers

* Automatic report to request more IPs from RIPE.

My question:

What are your opinion about best solution to do this needs?

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards