[c-nsp] EoMPLS, 2800s & 7600 w/ 6700 linecards

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Tue May 27 11:22:05 EDT 2008

Morning, Phil.  Unfortunately my 2 on-board ports are tied up and can't
be retasked for this purpose (since you can only raise the MTU on the
on-board ports on the ISRs and not the add-on ports, this preventing any
meaningful use of MPLS through the add-on ports).  I found a doc that
talked about EoMPLS to a VLAN on an ISR but unfortunately the doc had no
technical text.  It was all high-level product overview fluff.  I know
the ISRs have some EoMPLS capabilities but having been bit before
assuming that a product would do something, I want to know exactly how
to configure this before I tell sales that we can provide that service.
  If I can find example config from Cisco that shows the L2VPN
terminating in a SVI and that VLAN then being used on a trunk on a L2
port then I can be reasonably confident that what I'm trying to do will
work.  I may try to test it myself later today to see if I can make it
work.  That may be easier than finding the right doc on cisco.com.

Thanks
  Justin