[c-nsp] 7600 vs. 7200 vs. ASR1000 for multi-gigabit encryptedtraffic?

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Tue May 27 18:29:10 EDT 2008

On May 27, 2008, at 5:17 PM, Lasher, Donn wrote:
> At least on paper, the SA-VAM2, and C7200 VSA modules, in a 7200/NPE-
> G2
> could at least make a good showing at what you're talking about here.

Good showing, are you serious?

"We're setting up a WAN connecting 12 main sites and maybe 100
smaller sites. Each of the main sites will have 1Gbps links and
the smaller will have on the order of < 100Mbps (average will
probably start closer to 10Mbps and possibly climb towards
100Mbps over time)."

12 x 1GE
100 X 100Mbps.

While I realize he may not be looking at wire speed throughput on
every connection, considering an NPE-G2 is probably really only good
for maybe a max of 500-800Mbps of "typical" traffic, and the lack of
ports.... it's not even worth considering.

A 7206VXR might "get your foot in the door" as a proof of concept,
with those requirements you'd be replacing it almost immediately.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC
rblayzor at inoc.net