[c-nsp] QoS ATM sub interface

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Wed May 28 10:26:38 EDT 2008

On Fri, 23 May 2008, Robert Blayzor wrote:
> On May 23, 2008, at 8:44 AM, Dave Weis wrote:
>> We are using class-range for our PVC's and there is no method or pattern
>> to which speeds of customer will terminate on any specific VCI. How can
>> I make something like this work in a more general fashion?
>
> If you're using RADIUS you try enabling dbs and sending back some attributes:
>
> cisco-avpair  	atm:peak-cell-rate=1536
> cisco-avpair 	atm:sustainable-cell-rate=1536	cisco-avpair
> atm:vc-qos-policy-out=max-voice

We are using radius, this would be the least painful. We have the
speeds in the database and can pass them back via radius easily.

Is most of this handled on the PA or will it cause a huge processor load
increase? We are currently terminating to a PA-A3-OC3

> That would shape the VC's to vbr-nrt 1.5m and apply the QoS policy you want.
> (at least this is the way it works in 12.2SB)

I'll give that a try.

Would it be reasonable to use priority queueing instead of basing
QoS/allocation on bandwidth of the subinterfaces?

dave

--
Dave Weis
djweis at internetsolver.com