[c-nsp] Object tracking

Dean Smith dean at eatworms.org.uk
Thu May 29 11:24:08 EDT 2008

Method 1)

Create an object to track the interface state
Create a boolean object to reverse the state of the first object.
Add a /32 static route to Null0 for the Tunnel Destination IP dependant on
the 2nd object.

If the interface is up Object 1 = True, Object 2 = False, Null0 route wont
be installed. Tunnel Stays up.
If the interface is down, Object 1 = False, Object 2 = True, Static route
installed, Tunnel goes down.

You'll need 12.4T I think to get all those bits.

Method 2)

Use the EEM to detect the interface down on the tracked interface - and
trigger a CLI action to shut the tunnel interface
(and the reverse aswell)

Dean