[c-nsp] Single-mode GBIC question

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Fri May 30 14:27:58 EDT 2008

Hello Les:

It depends.  :-)  If your using LX/LH optics you should be fine.  Here's
a good breakdown of TX/RX parameters on the various Cisco optics.  On an
LX/LH optics, your TX is -3 to -9.5 and your receive is -3 to -20, so
even back to back at -3 to -3 you would be okay.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5455/ps6577/product
_data_sheet0900aecd8033f885.html

Regards,

Mike