[c-nsp] 3750 Etherchannel loadbalnace

Arie Vayner ariev at vayner.net
Sat Nov 1 11:37:59 EDT 2008

Chintan,

The switches use a hash function. This means that if you have only 2 MACs,
there is a 50:50 chance that only one link would be used...
If the number of MACs is higher, the chances get better.

On thing you could do is to split the traffic on the MPLS speaker's level by
breaking the etherchannel, and running 2 VLANs end to end (each on a single
link). This would allow the MPLS hosts to make the load sharing decision...

Arie