[c-nsp] Monitoring Routing Table

Asad Hasan axhasan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 22:34:09 EDT 2008

Is there an OID that can pull back number of routes within the routing
table? OID which can generate results such as 'show ip ro summ'. I found OID
1.3.6.1.2.1.4.21.1.1 and 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.21.1.9 (IpRouteTable and
IpRouteProto), but this pulls back every routing entry. Also is there an OID
that can pull back similar information for a VRF.

Right now we are not summarizing any of our routes. Im planning to implement
OSPF summarization and my goal is to see how how much routing table has been
reduced and also start graphing the routing table information.

Thanks in advance.

Asad