[c-nsp] QOS Revisited

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Sun Nov 2 09:55:36 EST 2008

Hi there.

I'm trying to create a policy-map to be applied on a subinterface - Cisco
1841 router .. wanted to get a basic config running and then I'll expand it
a bit more (separate signaling from the actual voice streams etc)

class-map match-any Voice

 match access-group 10

!

!

policy-map VOIP

 class Voice

  set dscp cs5

 class class-default

  set dscp default

interface FastEthernet0/1.10

encapsulation dot1Q 10

ip address xx.xx.xx.129 255.255.255.192

 pppoe enable group Moto900

 no cdp enable

 service-policy output VOIP

!

interface FastEthernet0/1.20

encapsulation dot1Q 20

 ip address xx.xx.xx.1 255.255.255.192

 pppoe enable group Moto2400

 no cdp enable

 service-policy output VOIP

The configuration seems to be working per say but it's not setting dscp=5
even though it's idenfying the traffic source via the access-list:

dis1-rtr-br#sh policy-map interface FastEthernet 0/1.20

 FastEthernet0/1.20

  Service-policy output: VOIP

    Class-map: Voice (match-any)

      3625 packets, 834212 bytes

      30 second offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps

      Match: access-group 10

        3625 packets, 834212 bytes

        30 second rate 0 bps

      QoS Set

        dscp cs5

          Packets marked 0

    Class-map: class-default (match-any)

      235110 packets, 298289353 bytes

      30 second offered rate 4690000 bps, drop rate 0 bps

      Match: any

      QoS Set

        dscp default

          Packets marked 90

What am I doing wrong here?  I don't understand if it's matching
access-group 10 and showing the number of packets increasing then why does
it not set dscp as I've told it to?

Thanks in advance,

Paul