[c-nsp] SXF15/SXF15a experiences?

Janet Sullivan netgeek at bgp4.net
Mon Nov 3 09:52:28 EST 2008

Phil Mayers wrote:
> Janet Sullivan wrote:
>> I'm interested in hearing about people's experiences with SXF15/15a,
>> especially in an internet edge/full BGP route table type environment.
>> So far I've run into one oddity with SXF15 (BGP wasn't updating the
>> local routing table until a clear ip route *), and I'm debating
>> whether to downgrade.
>
> That bug was discussed on the list recently. Search for the thread "SXH3
> ghost bugs".
>
> It's present in SXH15 & SXH3, but fixed in SXH3a (however SXH3a still
> has all the *other* bugs that SXH3 has, including the SCP-crasher)

I thought the ghost bug was fixed in SXF15?  Wasn't there a discussion
about how it had been both found and fixed in that version?

In my SXF15 experience, I actually shut down a BGP peer (good 'ol nei
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx shut), and while BGP saw the routes go away, the local
routing table on the box did not.  That seems slightly different than
the ghost bug as I understood it, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.