[c-nsp] IOS and Calea Feature Set

Daniel Chapman dkcctc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 10:55:09 EST 2008

The Lawful Intercept feature uses SNMP V3 and MIBs like ciscoIpTapMIB and
ciscoTap2MIB.  You setup a group and a view including these mibs and intiate
the intercept from your mediation/sniffer device.  It can be tricky if you
are doing PPP, because you specify the IP to tap.  Your configuration could
include setting up a AAA group and allowing the mediation device to receive
accounting records to determine end-user IP addresses.  The median device
needs to be able to act as a RADIUS server so it isn't marked Dead by the
AAA processes in the router.

Dan