[c-nsp] Ip unnumbered on 3750

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Mon Nov 10 10:14:45 EST 2008

According to http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094e8d.shtml:
"remember that the ip unnumbered command works on point-to-point interfaces only"

On latest IOS it works on ethernet subifs too. So the above statement is not totally correct

In your case, it's strange that 3560 accepts it, while 3750 rejects it.
Are they using the same IOS?

Under 12.2(44)SE2, it gets accepted, but you get the following warning:

Warning: dynamic routing protocols will not work on non-point-to-point interfaces with IP unnumbered configured.

--
Tassos