[c-nsp] OIR in 6500/7600

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Nov 10 11:24:57 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 17:04 +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 03:04:28PM +0000, Peter Taphouse wrote:
> > - From what I've read there are the three pins that cause the bus stall
> > and recovery, and fairly frequently the reload.
>
> Sounds more like 7500 to me.
>
> I've never had any issues OIRing modules into a 6500/7600.

We recently removed some LAN cards from two 6500s running SXF and it
wasn't totally without issues.

We removed the cards from the two boxes at the same time, and strangely
they lost their IS-IS adjacency (with each other) because of BFD
timeouts. (The interfaces are configured with "bfd interval 100 min_rx
100 multiplier 3".)

Furthermore, one of them made all iBGP neighbors say:

%TCP-6-BADAUTH: Invalid MD5 digest from <offending box>(22964) to <some
neighbor>(179) (RST)

several times, though no BGP sessions were torn down by this. (?)

This was a POP currently not in production, so I don't know if any
traffic forwarding would be disturbed by this.

Regards,
Peter