[c-nsp] 6500-sup-stdby

ambedkar p_ambedkar at rediffmail.com
Tue Nov 11 01:15:39 EST 2008

Hi, i am using cisco 6509 with two sup engines. sup1 is main and sup2
is standby. The problem is sup2 is not booting automatically when the
system is switched ON. it is going to rommon mode, where we have to
type boot command so that it will boot. after booting, boot variable
is missing. if we set the boot variable,it will show the boot variable
but it is temporary.

Again we switched OFF and ON, The same situation is there. i tried
lot, please help me. some details are here...

Before sup2:

CAT_1> (enable) sh mod
Mod Slot Ports Module-Type               Model               Sub
Status
--- ---- ----- ------------------------- ------------------- --- -----
---
1   1    2     1000BaseX Supervisor      WS-X6K-S2U-MSFC2    yes ok
15  1    1     Multilayer Switch Feature WS-F6K-MSFC2        no  ok
3   3    48    10/100BaseTX Ethernet     WS-X6348-RJ-45      yes ok
9   9    8     1000BaseX Ethernet        WS-X6408A-GBIC      no  ok

After sup2:

CAT_1> (enable) sh mod
Mod Slot Ports Module-Type               Model               Sub
Status
---
1   1    2     1000BaseX Supervisor      WS-X6K-S2U-MSFC2    yes ok
15  1    1     Multilayer Switch Feature WS-F6K-MSFC2        no  ok
2   2    2     1000BaseX Supervisor      WS-X6K-S2U-MSFC2    yes
standby
16  2    1     Multilayer Switch Feature WS-F6K-MSFC2        no  ok
3   3    48    10/100BaseTX Ethernet     WS-X6348-RJ-45      yes ok
9   9    8     1000BaseX Ethernet        WS-X6408A-GBIC      no  ok

bye.