[c-nsp] 7513 - RSP4 - 122-25.S15 - MLPPP / Dcef Weirdness

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Nov 11 09:37:21 EST 2008

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Gregory Boehnlein wrote:

>> Isn't 12.2(25)S really really not recommended on 7500?  I seem to
>> remember several exchanges where this was mentioned by cisco people here.
>
> I'm going to look through the list archives and see if I can find those
> references. Everything that I've seen revolves around earlier iterations of
> the code, not the S15 release that has been out for a year.
>
> I'm happy to consider upgrading to a different IOS version.. just looking
> for recommendations on what I should be looking at for a 7515 w/ Dual RSP
> 4+, 5 VIP cards and the need for LLQ, OSPF, BGP, VLANs, MLPPP etc..

My recommendation would be whatever number of 7206's are necessary to
handle the interfaces you're running on those 5 VIPs :)

I used to run somewhat earlier 12.2S on a couple of dual-RSP4 7500s, and
they weren't quite stable (periodic dCEF bugs).  IIRC, the cisco guys
on-list used to recommend sticking with 12.0S on the 7500.