[c-nsp] OIR in 6500/7600

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Tue Nov 11 11:18:25 EST 2008

Phil Mayers wrote:
> I can certainly state from experience that SXF BFD is highly unreliable
> with short timers (making it more or less useless).

I have a particular 2821 dual-homed to 2 7600s that has a BFD event 6-8
times a day.  I can't correlate it to high CPU on either side or a
noticeable increase in traffic.  The settings were 50/50x3.  I raised
them to 50/500x3 yesterday and haven't seen any more hiccups.

> Does SRB support BFD on SVIs?

SRB and SRB1 both support BFD on SVIs.  My understanding is that
anything later removes that working feature.  (see past posts about it
from Gert and myself... :-( ).  Email your account team weekly if you
want to ever see that feature again.

Justin