[c-nsp] Best practices/security feature mix for host ports

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Tue Nov 11 11:34:46 EST 2008

                Hello, I have been recently doing some random research on mixes of security features (Well, not specifically security features, I suppose) but I guess port configurations.

Such as setting the switchport type to host, enabling bpdufilter/bpduguard, loopguard, storm-control, etc.

Does anyone have any anecdotal tales about what has worked for you, what hasn't worked for you, etc. (this is for the access layer, where hosts are connecting to switches but we don't necessarily have control over what these hosts do.)

Any thoughts would be great.

-Drew